Original CNIC/NICOP to be submitted to the Embassy at the time of renunciation application. The CNIC/NICOP will have to be cancelled online by the applicant on: www.nadara.gov.pk. The applicant would need to submit Credit Card Payment Receipt of cancellation of CNIC/NICOP alongwith the renunciation application.
How do I renounce my Pakistani citizenship?
REQUIREMENTS TO SURRENDER OF PAKISTANI CITIZENSHIP:
- Written and signed request with the reason for renunciation of citizenship.
- Notarized copy of the American Passport/Citizenship Certificate.
- Form X duly typed (not handwritten) and signed by the applicant and notarized from Notary Public with three sets of the form.
How do you relinquish your citizenship?
To relinquish the U.S. Citizenship or Residence you will need to do the following:
- Get a second citizenship in another country.
- Leave the U.S.
- Appear before the U.S. Consul in that country.
- File Form 8854, the Expatriation Information Statement.
- Pay the due Exit Tax.
How can I invest my Pakistani citizenship?
Any person of a country recognised by Pakistan may obtain Pakistani Citizenship by investing a minimum of US$ 0.75 million in tangible assets and $ 0.25 million (or equivalent in major foreign currency) in cash on a non-repatriable basis and by fulfilling the conditions of the Pakistan Citizenship Law.
What is it called when you give up your citizenship?
You will no longer be an American citizen if you voluntarily give up (renounce) your U.S. citizenship. You might lose your U.S. citizenship in specific cases, including if you: Run for public office in a foreign country (under certain conditions)
Is dual citizenship allowed in Pakistan?
Pakistan has dual nationality arrangements with 12 European countries. ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has dual nationality arrangements with 12 European countries including France, Italy, Belgium, Iceland, Finland, Switzerland, Netherland, Sweden, Ireland, Denmark, Germany and Norway.
What is surrender certificate?
A Surrender Certificate is issued to applicants willing to surrender their passport at Passport Offices mainly for renunciation of Indian citizenship and acquiring foreign nationality.
How can I cancel my Pakistani nationality UK?
Requirements for Renunciation of Pakistani Nationality
- Form X & Particulars (One Pager), typed in (not hand-written). …
- Application addressed to the Pakistan High Commission stating reasons for Renunciation of Pakistani Citizenship.
- Copies (along with original) of Naturalization Certificate/Foreign Passport.
What is the difference between naturalization and citizenship?
A US citizenship certificate is granted to a person who acquires or derives citizenship from his US citizen parents. But a certificate of naturalization is granted to a person who becomes a citizen of America through naturalization. … Before that, the person who seeks to become a US citizen must be a Green Card holder.
Can you be deported if you are a citizen?
You cannot be deported to your country of former citizenship or nationality. You’ll have just as much right as any other American to live and work in the United States. Even if you’re charged with a crime in the future, you’ll be able to stay in the United States.