How can I convince USCIS marriage is real?
USCIS wants proof that you and your spouse have a real relationship — that you communicate and engage in activities together. Examples of such proof include: Copies of: Travel itineraries for vacations you took together, especially to the home country of the spouse seeking a green card.
How do you prove you are married?
How to Prove Your Marriage Is Real
- A copy of your marriage license;
- Joint ownership of property;
- A lease with both spouses’ names on it;
- Joint bank account statements;
- Birth certificates of your children;
- Sworn statements from other people who can confirm that you two have been living as a married couple;
How do I prove my relationship is real?
There are a number of documents a couple can provide to evidence their relationship; examples include:
- Photographs of applicant and sponsor at their wedding/civil partnership or on holidays.
- Wedding/civil partnership invitation card.
- Flight and hotel bookings with names of both the applicant and the sponsor.
Does USCIS check marital status?
As such, the process requires every applicant to submit substantial evidence, defend their marriage in an interview, and even obtain a conditional green card if they haven’t been married for long enough. …
Can USCIS check your bank account?
Yes USCIS may verify information about your bank account with bank.
Does USCIS check your phone records?
Answer: The USCIS have the information you give them. They can also pull police records for any area you have lived in.
What is proof of living together?
Cohabitation evidence: ideally, this is a bill, letter or service statement in joint name, but if we follow the principles of another process, the extension of the spouse visa at the midway point, you are looking for evenly spaced evidence that you lived together throughout at least a 2 year period with a very minimum …
Does Uscis do home visits?
When U.S. Immigration Authorities Investigate Further
If they choose to, they can interview the applicants’ employers, parents and other family, and friends, visit or schedule interviews at their homes, and so forth.
What is a subsisting marriage?
‘subsisting’ marriage meant that the matrimonial relationship must be continuing at the relevant time rather than just a formality. So what they mean there is that you need more than just a marriage certificate to satisfy the rules.