To become a migration agent, you usually need to study a degree in law, or complete a Graduate Diploma in Australian Migration Law and Practice, and complete a Capstone assessment. Most universities in Western Australia offer relevant undergraduate courses.
What do you need to become a migration agent?
To become a migration agent, you would need:
- a thorough understanding of immigration laws and practices.
- excellent writing and communication skills.
- good organisational skills.
- problem solving skills.
- a caring and compassionate demeanour.
- good interpersonal skills.
- to be at least 18 years of age.
How much do migration agents earn?
$1,889 Weekly Pay What is Average weekly pay?
How do I become a migration lawyer in Australia?
How to Become a Migration Agent in Australia
- Education and Knowledge Requirements. As you might expect, becoming a Migration Agent requires legal training. …
- Obtain a recent National Police Check. …
- Purchase professional indemnity insurance. …
- Maintain a professional library. …
- Continuing Professional Development.
How do I become a migration agent in New Zealand?
To become a licensed immigration adviser, you must both:
- complete an approved qualification or entry courses, or be registered as a migration agent in Australia.
- apply to the Immigration Adviser’s Authority (IAA) for a licence.
How long does it take to become a migration agent?
The standard course can be completed in one year of full-time or one-and-a-half years of part-time study.
Is a migration agent a lawyer?
However, many lawyers are also migration agents. If a lawyer wants to become a migration agent and practise immigration law, they must also register with MARA. … However, unlike migration agents without legal qualifications, immigration lawyers can also appeal cases in courts such as the Federal Court or High Court.
How much do immigration lawyers make in Australia?
The highest salary for an Immigration Lawyer in Australia is $110,000 per year. The lowest salary for an Immigration Lawyer in Australia is $55,000 per year.
How do I become an educational agent in Australia?
Becoming a Qualified Education Agent Counsellor
- Start the free course. Register for the Education Agent Training Course for free and begin studying the course material.
- Take the Exam. Pay the fee to take the QEAC Certification Exam. …
- Become a QEAC.
Where can I study migration law in Australia?
The Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA) recognises Griffith University as a provider of the Graduate Diploma of Australian Migration Law and Practice.
What is the immigration law in Australia?
Migration law regulates who has a right to enter and remain in Australia. It is Commonwealth law, so the law is therefore the same across Australia. Some brief information about major visa categories is provided in this chapter.
How do you become a lawyer in Australia?
To become a Lawyer in Australia you will need to apply to the local Law Society for a Practising Certificate. You’ll then need to complete 18 to 24 months of supervised practice at a law firm. Pathways to becoming a practicing Lawyer typically require a combined 5-6 years of education and training.