Migrant sentence example. He was a migrant handyman with no calluses. Many migrant workers are Chinese and the language is widely read and spoken there. The lake is an important flyway for migrant birds.
What is migration in a sentence?
Migration sentence example. This migration is usually accompanied by a more or less complete metamorphosis. The birds are currently beginning their large migration to the south. The result of migration is that races of widely different origin and habit have had to adapt themselves to similar conditions.
What is a sentence for migrant worker?
As a daughter of a migrant worker, her family was constantly moving, and she lived in foster homes intermittently. The success of the current migrant worker system has yet to be completely evaluated. On that basis he concluded that the farmer could not isolate the migrant worker from the outside world.
How do you use migratory in a sentence?
Migratory sentence example
- Females are more migratory than males. …
- Northern Alberta and the region farther north is the nesting-ground of the migratory birds. …
- Of birds there are more than 200 indigenous species, it is said, and migratory species are also numerous. …
- Many tribes in the south-west seem to be migratory .
What are some examples of migration?
Four Most Common Types of Migration
- Labor Migration – 164 million (2017) …
- Forced Migration or Displacement – 70.8 million (2018) …
- Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery – 25 million (2016) …
- Environmental Migration – 17.2 million (2018)
What are the characteristics of migration?
Migration is usually defined as a geographical movement of people involving a change from their usual place of residence. But it is distinguished from temporary and very short distance moves. Migration can be internal (within the national boundaries) or international (across the international borders).
What is the synonym of migrant?
In this page you can discover 33 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for migrant, like: itinerant, transmigratory, approach, day-laborer, migrant-worker, itinerant-worker, drifter, mover, nomad, transient and emigrant.
What is this word migratory?
1 : moving from one place to another migratory workers migratory birds. 2 : of or relating to migration a bird’s migratory route.
Which word has the same root as migratory?
-migr-, root. -migr- comes from Latin, where it has the meaning “move to a new place; … ” This meaning is found in such words as: emigrant, emigrate, immigrate, migrant, migrate, transmigration.
What are the major causes of migration?
4 Major Causes of Migration in India
- Marriage: Marriage is a very important social factor of migration. …
- Employment: ADVERTISEMENTS: …
- Education: …
- Lack of Security: