Bad digital citizenship involves the careless—and even reckless—use of social media, cyberbullying, and lack of understanding about how to safely use digital tools. An example of bad digital citizenship is spreading rumors on social media.
What are 2 dangers to a digital citizen?
The ISTTF’s report, which summarized all online-safety research to date, showed that 1) not all youth are equally at risk online, 2) the youth most at risk offline – of sexual exploitation, self-harm, suicide, eating disorders, etc.
What is the difference between a good digital citizen and a bad one?
The answer is simple: The Internet.
Digital Citizenship: The Good, The Bad, & The Role of the Internet.
|A good citizen…||A good digital citizen…|
|Teams up with others on community projects||Leverages digital tools to collaborate with others|
|Projects a positive self-image||Understands the permanence of the digital world and proactively manages digital identity|
What are the 3 digital citizenship?
In my book, Digital Citizenship in Schools, I explain the three categories of digital citizenship — respect, educate, protect — and lay out a framework that educators of all subject areas and grade levels can use to teach the basics of digital citizenship.
What do good digital citizens do?
A good digital citizen protects their personal information, uses good judgment and treats others with respect. Whether you’re posting on social media, sending an email or commenting on an online discussion, practicing good digital citizenship makes our online world a more welcoming place for everyone.
What are 5 ways to be a good digital citizen?
5 Tips For Good Digital Citizenship
- Remember the Golden Rule. …
- Keep Private Information Private. …
- Think About The Future. …
- Be Mindful of Your “Brand” …
- Be Yourself.
What is the golden rule of digital citizenship?
Part of being a responsible digital citizen is being respectful. The Golden Rule – treat others as you want to be treated – applies to online friendships and communications, just as it does with face-to-face interactions. If you wouldn’t feel comfortable saying it to someone’s face, you shouldn’t type it.
What are 3 examples of good digital citizenship?
A few examples of digital citizenship include:
- Learning to type, use a mouse, and other computer skills.
- Avoiding harassment or hateful speech while conversing with others online.
- Encouraging yourself and others not to illegally download content or otherwise disrespect digital property.
How can you be a good digital citizen?
4 Ways You Can Become a Good Digital Citizen
- Encourage critical thinking skills. Teach students to think about what they do and how they interact with others online. …
- Connect with your community. …
- Consult the H&PE curriculum. …
- Refer to resources for further assistance.