What is the most important element of digital citizenship Why?
Treating others with respect and empathy are key elements of digital citizenship. Some states and countries now require that digital citizenship lessons be taught within schools and communities. Rules, policies and laws help to frame the direction of courses to help everyone be better online users.
What is the main element of digital citizenship?
Access: full electronic participation in society. Commerce: electronic buying and selling of goods. Communication: electronic exchange of information. Literacy: process of teaching and learning about technology and the use of technology.
What are the six elements of digital citizenship?
6 Elements of Digital Citizenship
- Safety and Privacy.
- Critical Thinking.
What is the golden rule of digital citizenship?
Part of being a responsible digital citizen is being respectful. The Golden Rule – treat others as you want to be treated – applies to online friendships and communications, just as it does with face-to-face interactions. If you wouldn’t feel comfortable saying it to someone’s face, you shouldn’t type it.
What do good digital citizens do?
A good digital citizen protects their personal information, uses good judgment and treats others with respect. Whether you’re posting on social media, sending an email or commenting on an online discussion, practicing good digital citizenship makes our online world a more welcoming place for everyone.
What are the 5 principles of digital citizenship?
These principles include:
- Digital Access.
- Digital Commerce.
- Digital Communication.
- Digital Literacy.
- Digital Etiquette or Netiquette.
- Digital Law.
- Digital Rights and Responsibilities.
- Digital Health and Wellness.
What are examples of good digital citizenship?
A few examples of digital citizenship include:
- Learning to type, use a mouse, and other computer skills.
- Avoiding harassment or hateful speech while conversing with others online.
- Encouraging yourself and others not to illegally download content or otherwise disrespect digital property.
What are 5 ways to be a good digital citizen?
5 Tips For Good Digital Citizenship
- Remember the Golden Rule. …
- Keep Private Information Private. …
- Think About The Future. …
- Be Mindful of Your “Brand” …
- Be Yourself.
How can you become better digital citizens?
4 Ways You Can Become a Good Digital Citizen
- Encourage critical thinking skills. Teach students to think about what they do and how they interact with others online. …
- Connect with your community. …
- Consult the H&PE curriculum. …
- Refer to resources for further assistance.
How do you promote digital citizenship?
7 Ways to promote digital citizenship skills in your classroom
- Emphasize the importance of online etiquette. …
- Teach students to protect their privacy. …
- Help students stay safe online. …
- Promote media literacy in your classroom. …
- Teach students to protect creative rights. …
- Show them their digital footprint.